General Assistant (m/f/d)
EMBO Reception and Building Operations
EMBO is looking for a General Assistant, Reception and Building Operations. You will provide general administrative, practical and logistical support to EMBO staff and visitors in a range of designated activities and be responsible for the smooth operation and upkeep of the EMBO building and common areas.
- Assist EMBO staff with organising on-site meetings (preparing and tidying meeting rooms, assisting external meeting participants, ordering and preparing with catering, acting as contact point for logistics during meetings, etc.)
- Administer the booking system for conference and meeting rooms
- Travel booking for staff duty travel and on-site meetings, including flight and hotel bookings, local transport, etc.
- Reception duties, including welcoming visitors to the EMBO building and assist them with their requirements; (finding rooms, booking taxies, etc.); providing information to visitors ahead of time (campus maps and location, public transport options etc.); upkeep of the reception area
- Caretaker duties, including ensuring presentability and upkeep of the EMBO building, meeting rooms and common facilities, as well as carrying out minor repairs
- Liaise with relevant EMBL departments (Facility Management, Stores, Purchasing, and others) as well as external providers (e.g. cleaning company, repair personnel, catering services, hotels, etc.)
- Handle petty cash, take physical inventory and assist the Administration and Finance team with purchasing
- Ensure common use office and meeting items are in stock (stationery, printer supplies, beverages, etc.)
- Collect, distribute and send internal and external post and other shipments
- Carry out local errands (e.g. delivery and pick-up of local purchases)
- Site induction for new staff members
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Head of Administration and Finance or the EMBO Director.
This position will occasionally require working outside of the normal working hours, in the evenings or during the weekend. It may also require attending to building emergencies when necessary.
You might also have
- Experience with purchasing processes or facility management
- Experience in the hospitality sector
- A craftsperson’s qualification
- A license for passenger transport (Personenbeförderungsschein)
- Additional language skills.
What else you need to know
The General Assistant reports to the Head of Administration and Finance.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf www.jobsterne.de - vielen Dank!